Friday, September 21, 2012

Weekly Recap :: Week of 9/17/12-9/21/12

 This week our students met with me in the computer lab for orientation. 3rd graders learned their user names and passwords. 4th and 5th graders were reminded of their user names and passwords. They also were able to create a Word document and show me "everything they knew" about Word. We practiced saving their document on our network.  All three grade levels had a brief discussion about passwords, why we have them in life, and why they're meant to be private. I really encouraged the students to take my advice and keep them private.

 We also started a new center in the IMC. It is called the Library Scrabble Center. There will be different "themes" throughout the year that the students will have to come up with words that go along with the theme. They are to work together to think of words and spell them correctly. They are encouraged to use the dictionaries at that center to help with spelling. My favorite board is posted below. They even used my last name! A big thanks to Mrs. Lodge's Library and The Library Centered School blogs that have given me the inspiration and guidance to start these centers! The kids love them!

Some new "items" also arrived this week. First, two new special pillows for our window seat were purchased by my very own mom! Thanks MOM! :) She also purchased 7 I Spy books for our library too! My mom is very generous and I appreciate her supporting my new classroom. The students thank you too! We also received an order we had placed for books and audio books. I'm excited to introduce Playaway to our IMC collection. Playaway is an audio book that is portable! It comes with ear buds, pre-loaded and ready to use content, and a battery. We are going to add a book to the circulation bag in case a student wants to follow along while they listen.

New special pillows from Target!

4 new Playaway audio books and a CD

Mrs. Beseth's Class

My favorite board of this week! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment